Professional Fundraisers wanted for Hartlebury Castle Project, Worcestershire
The Hartlebury Castle Preservation Trust (HCPT) in partnership with Worcestershire County Council wishes to appoint a fundraiser with experience of fundraising for historic houses, landscape environments and museums to lead a campaign to secure at least £350,000 of matched funding against a Heritage Lottery Fund grant of £4.2 million.
We will learn whether our application for Stage 1 HLF has been successful in November 2011. The deadline for confirmed match funding is July 2012. It is anticipated that the successful applicant will be a medium-sized consultancy, but given the level of funding to be secured and the tight timeframe, small consultancies and those working as teams will also be considered.
We are looking for consultants with the following competences:
- Experience and a proven track-record of fundraising in the heritage and arts fields.
- Experience of securing funding from a range of sources including private individuals, trusts and foundations, businesses and community focused funds.
- Experience of event management.
- Experience of working with the Heritage Lottery Fund (or similar and related funding agencies)
- Experience of sponsorship and benefit schemes for supporters.
Further details see the HCPT Fundraising Strategy and Brief (pdf) and our Vision (pdf).
Our HLF Application includes an allowance for the costs of employing a fundraiser.
Initially, interested applicants should submit a short summary of experience with a covering letter to email@example.com by 7 October 2011.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and interviewed in October/early November. At this stage we will require a detailed fundraising plan and a competitive fee tender submission. Contract will be awarded conditionally on a successful HLF Stage 1 grant offer in November.
For an informal discussion please contact firstname.lastname@example.org